Highly motivated postdoctoral fellow and graduate student candidates are encouraged to email their CV and transcripts to Dr. Saidaminov (msaidaminov at uvic.ca) to initiate a conversation. The corresponding letter should explain demonstrated track record and experiences relevant to one of the following areas:
- Atomic Layer Deposition
- Tandem and flexible large-area perovskite solar cells
- Perovskite single crystals for solar cells and X-ray detectors
- High-throughput synthesis and Machine Learning-driven discovery of materials
Please note that only down-selected candidates will be contacted for further steps. Positions remain open until filled.
We are committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion in our living, learning and work environments. In pursuit of our values, we seek members who will work respectfully and constructively with differences and across levels of power. We actively encourage applications from members of groups experiencing barriers to equity. Read UVic’s full equity statement here: www.uvic.ca/equitystatement
We fully support suitable candidates in their applications for external fundings, including NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowships Program, Mitacs Elevate, Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship, NSERC Scholarship for graduate students, NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award and others.
We are also open to collaborate with industry partners to undertake an applied project and employ jointly researchers.
Dr. Makhsud Saidaminov, Department of Chemistry, University of Victoria, Elliott 234
Mailbox: PO Box 1700 STN CSC, Victoria, BC, V8W 2Y2, Canada
– Centre for Advanced Materials and Related Technology (CAMTEC) – we have an exclusive access to all CAMTEC facilities, including an in-lab SAXS and the world’s highest-resolution electron microscope.
– Victoria BC is located in Pacific Coast, where it (almost) never snows. They call it “Garden City”.